dimanche 29 novembre 2015

To complete the code to create Registration Form Using Sqlite?

strong textMy need is 1) I need to create a registration form with 2 inputs. One for user

name and the other for password. 2)The table TaskTable should be created

only once

3)The user name should not be the same for new registration. Please help me to

complete the above code accordingly.

I have the database in the debug folder of my project. The code I have written is

        using (SQLiteConnection sqlite_conn = new SQLiteConnection(connectionString))
           {

               try
               {
                   SQLiteCommand cmd = sqlite_conn.CreateCommand();
                   sqlite_conn.Open();


            1 =>       cmd.CommandText = "CREATE TABLE TaskTable (UserName varchar(100), PassWord varchar(100));";
                   cmd.ExecuteNonQuery();


            2 =>      cmd.CommandText = "INSERT INTO TaskTable (UserName,PassWord) values ('" + textBox1.Text + "','" + textBox2.Text + "')";



                   int i = cmd.ExecuteNonQuery();


                   if (i == 1)
                   {

                       MessageBox.Show("User created successfully....");
                   }
               }

               catch (Exception ex)
               {
                   MessageBox.Show("please enter different user name");
               }

           }

    }


}

}

in the code above I have marked => 1 and =>2 where I have issues.

As per => 1, every time I run the project it creates a new table in the

DataBase which is embedded in my project that is in the **debug

folder**.

  1) I need the solution as to how to use  **if not exists** in the create 

table statement, without getting any exception. I mean not just the

CREATE IF NOT EXISTS TABLE TaskTable (UserName varchar(100), PassWord varchar(100));"; ,

but how to use the same properly in try catch block.

2)I find that the table is not stored permanently in the debug folder. I

used SQLite manger added on to MOZILLA fire fox browser to open the data base

folder and I see that once I close the project and browse for the same data base

it does not show the table created earlier.

2 = > the values are inserted into the table only once as every time new table

is created. If i try to comment the create table statement and try to insert

new values it will throw the exception. I think the reason is previous table is deleted. How to make the table exist permanently in the db which is created in the debug folder of the project.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire