mardi 29 septembre 2015

How to deal with high redundancy in Neo4j?

I am working on an application that uses both relationnal and graph databases (sqlite and neo4j). I am trying to see if I can't get rid of sqlite to use only neo4j, and I am confronted to a problem of redundancy.

Let say I have nodes that represent audio tracks. I want to store of what musical genre each track is. With hundreds of thousands of nodes, I don't think repeating "South-African Psytrance" as a string property is a good idea, and I am pretty sure that creating a "South-African Psytrance" node and linking it to all concerned nodes is an even worse idea (bottleneck?).

Am I right if I say that using 1) properties takes too much space, and using 2) relationships is a bad design for this particular problem?

The current code uses the sqlite db to store a set of musical genres, and their indexes as properties in nodes (which are converted to their string representation in the application layer).

Is there a way to use only neo4j and avoid bottlenecks and redundancy?

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire