jeudi 10 septembre 2015

Insert values into a table from multiple tables using sqlite query

If I have Table1 as

A           B         C
1           b.1       c.1
2           b.2       c.2
1           b.3       c.3

My second table Table2 as

A          D         E
1          d.1       e.1
2          d.2       e.2

I need to insert into an empty Table3 the values from above such that it looks like this.

A            B          C            D            E
1            b.1        c.1          d.1          e.1
2            b.2        c.2          d.2          e.2
1            b.3        c.3          d.1          e.1

So basically I need to insert each row of Table1 into Table3. For each row I need to check for column A and find the corresponding value D and E from the column and insert into Table3. Is it possible to do this in one single query?

To copy Table1 to Table3 I can use the query

INSERT INTO Table3(A,B,C) SELECT A,B,C FROM Table1

And then I need to take each row from Table3 and using A update the values of D and E from Table2. Is there a better solution that I can use to insert directly from both tables to Table3? Any help is appreciated, as I am a beginner with database and queries.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire