mercredi 2 septembre 2015

Issue Setting Up Django Database Access API Using SQLite

I just started using Django, and I am going through the documentation here to build my first app, but I am running into some kind of issue related to the database access API for SQLite.

My directory structure looks like this:

The only files I have edited are models.py and settings.py and it is all code from the documentation.

models.py:

from django.db import models

class Question(models.Model):
    # ...
    def __str__(self):              # __unicode__ on Python 2
        return self.question_text

class Choice(models.Model):
    # ...
    def __str__(self):              # __unicode__ on Python 2
        return self.choice_text

import datetime

from django.db import models
from django.utils import timezone


class Question(models.Model):
    # ...
    def was_published_recently(self):
        return self.pub_date >= timezone.now() - datetime.timedelta(days=1)

The only changes I have made to settings.py are adding my timezone TIME_ZONE = 'US/Pacific' and adding 'polls', to INSTALLED_APPS.

(For full disclosure, I have set up my urls.py just to test hello world, which is not part of the documentation, but I don't think that's causing the issue. Here's the code for that if it's relevant.)

urls.py:

from django.conf.urls import patterns, include, url
from django.contrib import admin
from django.views.debug import default_urlconf
from django.http import HttpResponse

def hello(request):
    return HttpResponse('Hello world!!!')

urlpatterns = patterns('',
    # Examples:
    url(r'^$', hello),
    # url(r'^blog/', include('blog.urls')),

    #url(r'^admin/', include(admin.site.urls)),
    #url(r'^$', default_urlconf),
)

Now, the issue I'm running into is when I get to the "Playing with the API" section. When I open a python manage.py shell for the second time in that section, I'm supposed to be able to use the command Question.objects.all() and get the result [<Question: What's up?>] with "What's up?" being the value of question_text. The problem is I'm still getting the result [<Question: Question object>] instead of the question_text value.

I've gone back and re-created my app three times in the hope that I missed something during the setup, but I get the same issue every time and I seem to be following the documentation exactly. Am I missing something here?

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire