dimanche 30 août 2015

UPDATE Query not Working with Android App

I am writing an Android app that needs to execute an UPDATE query on a SQLite database, but for some reason, the query is not having any effect when I run it.

Here's the function that is supposed to execute the query.

public void query()
{
    try
    {
        cursor = this.db.rawQuery("UPDATE data SET saved=1 WHERE number=1", null);
    }
    catch(SQLiteException e)
    {
        System.out.println("Database Query Failed: " + e.getCause().getMessage());
    }
}

Although the query does not work, I do not get any output from the catch clause, and adding an additional catch to check for Exception does not output anything either.

What's the problem? How can I get UPDATE queries to work? I have not tried executing an INSERT query, but I will need to do that as well later on. Will I have similar issues with all queries that write to the database?

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire