mercredi 4 mai 2016

Check if row exists in SQLite with Python

I want to know if a row exists already in one of my tables, in this case coll. In order to do this I played around with SQLite in the shell a little and stumbled upon SELECT EXISTS(SELECT 1 FROM coll WHERE ceeb="1234"). In SQLite this works perfectly and it returns either a 0 or a 1-- which is exactly what I wanted. So, with code in hand, I wrote up a quick Python script to see if I could get this to work for me before sticking it into my program. This is what I came up with:

import sqlite3

conn = sqlite3.connect('stu.db')
c = conn.cursor()

sceeb = int(raw_input(":> "))

ceeb_exists = c.execute('SELECT EXISTS(SELECT 1 FROM coll WHERE ceeb="%d" LIMIT 1)' % sceeb)

print ceeb_exists

Instead of assigning ceeb_existsa 1 or a 0 it gives me an output that looks like <sqlite3.Cursor object at 0x01DF6860>. What am I doing wrong here?

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire