lundi 20 avril 2015

How to populate sqlite database from a db file hosted on Google Drive or any other server

I am creating a question answer hybrid application and for that I am using webSQL I do not have a complete database for my app at the moment and it will never be complete. So I want to know if I could host a sqlite database file or a dump of that file on my google drive public folder and point the app to download the latest db file and wipe off the previous websql data. I do not know how to tell the websql that the server has latest version of db so download it.

What I have now in mind is to get the date modified of the file on server and if the date/time matches the date on which the websql was downloaded than do not do nothing as you have the latest version. Is there any other method of doing it?

And first of all how I go about doing this? I have a rough Idea Correct me where you think I am wrong

  • How to get the modified date of the file on my shared folder Google Drive Folder?
  • Inorder to get the sql file I use $http.get(locationof the file); //I use angular
  • How do I Insert data from a big file. If the file is big it may cause some performance issues. How do I Insert the File in parts?

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire