dimanche 31 janvier 2016

Android Searching Database with Empty Where Clause

I am trying to do a search function in android that will allow the user search with different filters. I am able to create a simple select statement with multiple where clauses. My issue arises when the user doesnt use the filter options, is there a way to continue the select statement but use blank values in the where clause?

For example, the user will want to search for all the cars and add a filter looking for specific green cars made in the year 2011.

"Select * from cars where colour = 'green' AND year = 2011"

Example where the user searches without filters for all cars

"Select * from cars where colour = '' AND year = "

I dont want to have to use two statements I would just like to use the one and have blanks in the where clause is nothing is selected in the filter, is this possible?

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire