jeudi 28 janvier 2016

Most space efficient way to store 200 million records?

I have this type of record:

  1. name varchar(128)
  2. description varchar(64)
  3. field varchar(32)

Combination of (name, description) needs to be unique and name needs to be indexed for fast search/retrieval. Updates are infrequent, but large for example I might add 1 million records at a time, but there plenty of reads throughout the day.

I have over 200 million records like these, possibly becoming 300 in the future, when I tried adding it to MySQL, DB has grown huge I'm looking at 200GB+ with all the indices and etc. Is there a space efficient way to structure this data. Any DB tech is fine with me, as long it does not need lots of ram and uses less disk.

Thanks, in advance!

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire