dimanche 28 décembre 2014

What is the use of BaseColumns's _ID primary key in Android

It is a bit confusing.... If I implement BaseColumns for each of my tables it automatically create an autoincremented primary key for me called _ID but then Do I need to create my own primary keys for each of my tables as well or is it redundant or even not necessary?


In case I need my own primary key, let's say, _MyID, I guess the primary key will be formed by _ID and my own (_MyID), right? so in this case, it would be possible to insert the more than one register with the same _MyID.... as _ID is autoincremented automatically, that is:



_ID _MyID Other Fields.....
1 1000 ....
2 1000 ....
3 1000 ....


... and so on


so in this case, how to control that only one register can have the value 1000 for _MyID?


Also, I guess I can use _ID column to act as a foreign key with other tables, right?


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire