jeudi 29 janvier 2015

Alternatives to SQLite in VS2013 with EF6 and designer support

I have previously used System.Data.Sqlite 1.0.85 with EF5 in VS2010 and it worked well and I came to really like the designer. On my new machine, I've switched to VS2013 Community and tried to get Sqlite 1.0.94 and EF6 running, but it's such a hassle and I'm starting to get really frustrated. I can't seem to get it running on my old project, which I need to work on, but only on a fresh one. Tried copying the old stuff, but it just stops working again. From what I've read, I'm not the only one having these issues.


I can connect to the database in the server explorer, but the connection won't show up in the Entity Data Model wizard. It did run once on a fresh project, but since I keep running into trouble, I'd rather switch to something else that actually works.


So my question is, what alternatives are there? It's for a small business application. Would LocalDb be an alternative? Are there any other good databases/providers (free ones) that work well with EF and have designer support in VS2013?


Thanks for any feedback!


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire