mercredi 28 janvier 2015

Android Sqlite: Select only specific Column from a table?

:)


I have a table Customer with 3 fields (id, name, email) and I'd like to get only the name of all customers and show it on a Spinner. Any idea on how I could do it?


How I get all data



public Cursor getAllData ()
{
String buildSQL = "SELECT * FROM " + DatabaseHelper.Customers.TABLE;
return database.rawQuery(buildSQL, null);
}


DatabaseHelper file, with the table and column



public static class Customers
{
public static final String TABLE = "customers";
public static final String _ID = "_id";

public static final String NAME = "name";
public static final String EMAIL = "email";

public static final String[] COLUMNS = new String[]
{
_ID, NAME, EMAIL
};
}


I thought about using



String buildSQL = "SELECT * FROM " + DatabaseHelper.Customers.COLUMNS;


But i am not sure how I could retrieve the name only. Any tips? Thanks on advance, guys!


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire