vendredi 30 janvier 2015

android application with huge database

Let me explain how my application is supposed to work:


Application will ship with a sqlite database in its assets folder which will be copied into databases folder later and it has some content in it(categories, sub categories, products and news) which they all have image. Then after download user can update the content via internet and the application store the new content in database so the application can perform offline.


So my question is, after a while this content will increase in size, is it gonna cause my application to crash? Lets say I release the application with 1 MB database and after 2 years of work the database size goes up around 120 MB. Is it gonna make the application to crash?


Also the other concern is that currently I'm storing the images in database and I load'em from there. Is it a good approach? Because I don't want user to be able to clear the cache or delete the images because later on updating the content it has to download those deleted images again and it will consume traffic imo.


please remember that the Application should be able to load content offline


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire